- Workshops including wilderness survival, living communally, forest foraging, and composting at home.
- Hands on children activities organized through the Urban Forest Festival partners.
- A clothes swap for attendees to minimize their wardrobe, and pick up a few new-ish items.
- Hikes through the forest with historical insight about one of Atlanta’s earliest African - American communities, Bush Mountain.
- DJ sets by MikeFlo, Empress Rah, and ChelXi.
- Upcycle stations including DIY home goods and screenprinting, bring old t-shirts to upcycle!
- A community bike ride, for Black identifying riders, hosted by RBG-ATL leaving from Gordon White Park park at noon, and ending at the Outdoor Activity Center for the festivities.
The third annual bEARTHday Fest is on April 13 in collaboration with two of Atlanta’s favorites West Atlanta Watershed Alliance (WAWA) and Red Bike and Green Atlanta (RBG ATL) for a 3-in-1 Earth celebration that will immerse you into the natural wonders of Atlanta's urban forest and inspire you to live more gently on the planet.
The celebration is triple-packed with activities for all including:
Wear your play clothes. We are getting dirty, riding bikes, and catching fireflies.
WHAT TO BRING?
Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated. Bring unwanted items (clothes, shoes, books, household items, etc.)for the clothes swap. Bring items you want to upcycle by adding a fresh new screenprint.
HELP MAKE THIS FESTIVAL GREAT!
SIGN UP FOR A VOLUNTEER SLOT WHEN YOU RSVP.